You are here

Filing Without an Attorney

If you are considering filing a bankruptcy case, you should know that the Bankruptcy Rules contain a set of official bankruptcy forms, and Fed. R. Bankr. P. 9009 provides that the Official Forms “shall be observed and used” in cases and proceedings under the Code.

See the "Debtor" page for more information.

Electronic Public Access Fee Schedule Change (PACER Fees).
On September 17, 2019, the United States Judicial Conference modified the Electronic Public Access Fee Schedule to increase the quarterly threshold for waiving Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) fees from $15 per quarterly billing cycle to $30 per quarterly billing cycle.   PACER users will not be charged a fee for usage that does not exceed $30 in a quarterly billing period.   This change takes effect on January 1, 2020 and will be reflected on a PACER user’s quarterly bill received in April 2020.

A Photo ID is required to enter the building.
The REAL ID Act of 2005 establishes minimum standards for state-issued drivers’ licenses and the use of identification to enter Federal facilities.   For more information on the REAL ID Act, visit  On January 19, 2015, Phase 3 of the Act becomes effective.   The Judges of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma have determined that the public may continue to use their Oklahoma drivers’ licenses as photographic identification to enter the Courthouse and the Old Post Office Building for the Bankruptcy Court.

Place the document in an envelope.  The envelope should include the filer’s name and phone number.
Include all applicable fees.   PLEASE NOTE LOCAL RULE 5080-1(A): “Any document presented for manual filing without proper provision for payment of the filing fee shall not be accepted for filing by the Clerk.”
Fees should be paid by cashier’s check or money order payable to “Clerk, United States Bankruptcy Court.”
Include any filing instructions, if necessary.
Include a self-addressed stamped envelope if return copies are desired.

Filings and payments may also be submitted to the Clerk’s Office by mail to the address listed below:

United States Bankruptcy Court
Western District of Oklahoma
215 Dean A. McGee, Suite 147
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Please review the Court’s website at for more information and updates.
The Clerk’s Office may be contacted at (405) 609-5700, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.