Electronic Document Submission System (EDSS) Program
The Electronic Document Submission System (EDSS) is a service made available to self-represented parties who want to file documents with the court as an alternative to mailing or bringing the documents to the courthouse. Documents will be processed the next business day after submission. If you are wanting to file a chapter 7 or chapter 13 Bankruptcy petition, please use the Electronic Self-Representation program.
Bankruptcy Petition Preparers and debtors and creditors represented by counsel are not authorized to use EDSS.
Here is WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FILING using EDSS.
Notice to attorneys - ECF users must file using CM/ECF unless otherwise authorized by the Court.
To use this service, you must have the ability to email documents to a specific email address.
In the email, you must include the following information:
Note, if you are filing jointly, you must include information for the joint filer.
Joint Filer – First Name:
Joint Filer – Middle Initial:
Joint Filer – Last Name:
Case number: (if known)
Do not use EDSS for your list of creditors (matrix). Instead, submit your list of creditors here: http://app.oknb.uscourts.gov/okwb/credmatrix/.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Documents must only be submitted in PDF format only. Pictures of documents in PDF format will not be accepted.
- Files must be less than 15 MB.
- When possible, include all documents to be filed in one email.
- Each document you submit must be CLEARLY LABELED.
- Each document requiring a fee must be paid by a debit card, PayPal or ACH using Pay.gov. If a pleading or document requires a fee, the self-represented filer must immediately pay the fee using Pay.gov. If the fee is not paid by midnight on the day on which the fees are incurred, the Clerk’s Office will not docket the pleading or document.
- Each document you submit must contain your full name, HANDWRITTEN SIGNATURE, address, telephone number, and email address. If you use a post office box to receive mail, you must include a physical address, as well as the post office box, on all documents filed with the court.
By proceeding below, you agree to each of the following:
1. I am intending to file the attached document(s) with the court.
2. The attached document(s) are not to be considered filed with the court until I have received a confirmation email from the court.
3. This filing is not made for any fraudulent or other improper purposes. Fraudulent or improper filings may result in sanctions or other civil or criminal penalties.
4. I have reviewed the court's EDSS Administrative Procedures including the requirements pertaining to: (i) the service of documents filed with the court; (ii) my obligation to retain the original document(s) filed; (iii) ENSURING DOCUMENTS ARE PROPERLY SIGNED; and (iv) the payment of required fees.
5. I consent to receiving a confirmation email after submission.
By emailing the documents to the email address below, you affirm that you want to file these documents with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Oklahoma.
The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Oklahoma reserves the right to restrict any filer’s ability to make an Electronic Submission using EDSS when the filer has failed to comply with the Local Rules or these Procedures or the filer has misused EDSS.