OKWB's Go-Live Date for NextGen is November 1, 2021.
OKWB will be upgrading our Case Management/Electronic Case Filing System (CM/ECF) to the Next Generation of CM/ECF (NextGen) on November 1, 2021.
During OKWB's implementation of NextGen starting Friday, October29th at 11:00 AM (CDT) through Monday, November 1st, 2021 at 8:00 AM (CDT), the OKWB CM/ECF system will be unavailable for e-filing during the upgrade.
Users will be able to resume e-filing on November 1, 2021 at 8:00 A.M. CST. Prior to implementation, information will be posted with detailed instructions for logging onto NextGen for the first time.
NextGen simplifies electronic filing by having one central sign-on to search and file for all courts using NextGen CM/ECF (with granted e-filing privileges). By combining your CM/ECF and PACER accounts into one account, the login process allows e-filing attorneys and limited non-attorneys users to use one PACER login and password to access any NextGen Court (appellate, bankruptcy, and district) in which they practice from one central location. The same account will also provide access to all federal court cases and records that are available through PACER′s Case Search function.
What To Do, Now (Prior to October 29, 2021) and On or After November 1, 2021
Preparation for NextGen can begin now for all e-filers.
Step 1. Register for a PACER account – This Can Be Done Now
- All users and electronic filers MUST obtain their own PACER account. If you do not have your own individual PACER account, you must obtain one to access CM/ECF after OKWB transitions to NextGen. Your CM/ECF account is not a PACER account. To register for a PACER account, go to https://pacer.uscourts.gov/register-account.
- Shared PACER accounts cannot be used in NextGen.
- If your CM/ECF login information is currently stored in a browser, it will not be recoverable when the Court transitions to NextGen. If you do not know your current CM/ECF password, log on to CM/ECF now and use the Change Your Password option found in the Utilities menu to create a new CM/ECF password. Passwords should be recovered or changed prior to October 29, 2021.
- For more information on Registering for a PACER account: Register For a PACER Account.
Step 2. Upgrade your PACER account - This Can Be Done Now
- Each user must have your own individual PACER account. Shared PACER accounts will no longer be useable once OKWB has begun to upgrade to NextGen, beginning on October 29, 2021. If you do not have an individual PACER account, you will need to register for a new account through PACER.
- If your PACER account was created prior to August 2014, you may need to upgrade your account prior to OKWB moving to NextGen.
Steps to take to upgrade your existing PACER account:
- Log in with your PACER username and password, and check the Account Type. If your account is already upgraded, it will say ‘Account Type: Upgraded PACER Account.′ If it indicates ‘Account Type: Legacy PACER Account’, select the Upgrade link.
- Complete the Upgrade PACER account screens by validating your account information, adding date of birth, county, creating new username, creating new password, and selecting security questions.
- For more help, review the step by step guide on upgrading your PACER account.
PACER Administrative Account/Group Billing - Groups, such as law firms and other groups, may choose to set up a PACER Administrative Account to manage and pay for charges associated with multiple PACER accounts. A PACER Administrative Account allows for organizations to add or remove individual accounts from their group billing account and to update payment information for the account. PACER Administrative Accounts should be created prior to NextGen implementation (Prior to October 29, 2021). To register for a PACER Administrative Account, go to https://pacer.uscourts.gov/register-account/group-billing.
Step 3. Link your PACER account to NextGen – Complete this step on or after November 1, 2021.
- You will need your current CM/ECF credentials (username and password) and your PACER credentials to merge the two accounts after NextGen is implemented. This step cannot be taken until after OKWB converts to NextGen on November 1, 2021, and must be completed before you can file documents in NextGen CM/ECF.
- For more information on how to Link Your PACER account: Link Your PACER Account.
Additional Important Information
For additional information regarding the different user types, how to obtain a PACER account, how to upgrade your PACER Account, and how to link your PACER Account to your current CM/ECF account, please visit the PACER website at https://pacer.uscourts.gov/.
For additional information regarding the improvements and the upgrade process, including several Electronic Learning Modules, please visit https://pacer.uscourts.gov/file-case/get-ready-nextgen-cmecf.
For additional information regarding a change in the PDF-related functionality in NextGen CM/ECF for public filers, please visit: https://pacer.uscourts.gov/file-case/developer-resources/cmecf-release-notes/pdf-related-functionality-public-filers-nextgen.
For additional questions, please contact the OKWB Clerk′s Office directly: (405) 609-5700.